Sambor Prei Kuk and Preah Kahn Temple Safari
Duration: 3 Days 2 Nights
Trip Code: CTS03
We depart Phnom Penh for the regional capital of Kompong Thom, perhaps pausing in the town of Skuon to sample the local spiders...
DAY 1: Phnom Penh - Sambor Prei Kuk - Kompong Thom
We depart Phnom Penh for the regional capital of Kompong Thom, perhaps pausing in the town of Skuon to sample the local spiders. After lunch in Kompong Thom, we travel north to visit the pre-Angkorian capital of Sambor Prei Kuk, known as Isanapura at the height of its power in the 7th century. This offers a chronological insight into the development of temple architecture in ancient Cambodia and is a magical place, forgotten in the forests. We spend the night in a local hotel in Kompong Thom.
DAY 2: Kompong Thom - Preah Khan
We continue west to the small town of Stung where we leave the main road to begin our adventure to Preah Khan. The vast temple complex lies about 80km north of here and passes through some wild country in one of the most remote parts of Cambodia. We reach the village of Ta Seng at lunchtime where we have lunch and arrange some extra provisions for the night. We spend the afternoon exploring the most important temples at Preah Kahn, including the Bayon-style four faces of Prasat Preah Stung and the central temple which was one of the biggest enclosures built during the Angkor period. It is thought this may have been a very important provincial city during the Khmer Empire. We camp overnight within the temple area and can explore by torchlight.
Price (Per Person in US Dollar)
- All sightseeing tour and transfer services as detailed in our itinerary
- Hotel accommodation in luxury tent and in Stung Sen Hotel in Kompong Thom
- English speaking local guide
- All entrance fees,
- Meals: Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Private air conditioned car: 4 wheel drive
- Drinking water during sightseeing
- Public liability insurance
- Services not mentioned in our itinerary,
- Visa fees, currently USD 20-- per person
- International airport tax, currently USD 25-- per person
- International flight tickets to/from Siem Reap
- Expenditure of a personal nature.
- Travel insurance (cover against all cancellation costs, medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of accident of illness)
- Price quoted in US Dollar per person start from 2 people traveling together.
- Price subject to change acordingly to high season or holidays
Customize your dream tour
Can't find the tours to suit your personal needs? No problem, we have experienced team that ready to assist you 24/7. We believe that we can provide you with a tour or package that will satisfy your every needs. We will make recommendating and give you options for tours to Vietnam or Indochina countries. Time? we guarantee to reply to you within 24 for detailed itineraries or package tours. You will not be disappointed!
- Low cost guarantee
- Fast confirmation (10 Hours)
- Flexible cancellation policy
- No hidden cost, fees
- Reliable, peace of mind
- Secured payment modes
- 24/7 customer service
- More bookings - bigger discount
- Online discuss with experts
Tour Booking Guide
- Step 1: Select your service
- Step 2: Complete our form
- Step 3: Confirm your service
- Step 4: Payment
- Step 5: Get your service voucher